Scholarships & Awards
The French Programs offers the following scholarships and awards, in addition to those administered by the university.
ANNUAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15, 5.00 pm (for students going abroad during Spring, Maymester, Summer and/or Fall of the calendar year)
Awards & Scholarships for French MA & MAT Students
- 1. Amy B. Millstone Scholarship for Study Abroad
- 2. French Alumni Scholarship
- 3. Philip A. Wadsworth Scholarship
Awards & Scholarships for French Majors
- 1. Francis W. Bradley Award in Romance Languages
- 2. Kyrl Leighton-Faxford de Gravelines Scholarship
- 3. Marye Stone Dahlman Award for Excellence in French
- 4. Amy B. Millstone Scholarship for Study Abroad
- 5. French Alumni Scholarship
- 6. Hardee-Belasco Scholarship
- 7. Philip A. Wadsworth Scholarship
Awards & Scholarships for French Minors
- 1. Marye Stone Dahlman Award for Excellence in French
- 2. Elizabeth Joiner Study Abroad Award
- 3. Carol & John Kososki Scholarship
- 4. Derial Jackson Memorial Scholarship
Awards & Scholarships for non-majors and non-minors
- 1. Carol & John Kososki Scholarship
- 2. Derial Jackson Memorial Scholarship
Students receiving awards have 2 payment options:
1) to receive award payout at the end of the Spring semester in which they were awarded, so as to be able to access the funds for Spring, Maymester and Summer study abroad programs.
2) to receive award payout during the following Fall semester, so as to count it towards the necessary $500 of outside award money that allows them to apply for in-state tuition. For more information on this, click here.
Students must be accepted into their proposed study abroad program before payout can be processed.
Students must sign, agree to and uphold the code of conduct set forth by the French Awards Committee in order to receive an award.
See How to Apply for application information.
See Award Descriptions here.