INFORMATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ON FOREIGN LANGUAGE PLACEMENT and TESTING
The University of South Carolina requires that all students achieve proficiency in one foreign language. All newly admitted students (freshman as well as transfer students) should take a Placement Exam, and receive a score in the language studied previously. Usually this is the language studied in high school.
For information on placement tests offered in each language, please click one of the following links.
1. How do I register for an exam? CLICK HERE
2. Who needs to take a Foreign Language Placement exam? CLICK HERE
3. What does my placement score mean? CLICK HERE
4. Other Frequently Asked Questions CLICK HERE
5. Contact a Placement Coordinator CLICK HERE