Cultural Carolina, Graduate Student Journal of the
Languages, Literatures and Cultures’ Graduate Student Association (LLCGSA)
University of South Carolina
CALL FOR JOURNAL SUBMISSIONS
LLCGSA would like to invite submissions to the first issue of Cultural Carolina on topics of cultural studies from diverse cultural and historical contexts. Cultural Carolina is a peer-reviewed, online graduate student journal and an extension of LLCGSA’s annual graduate student conference of the same name (“Cultural Carolina”).
The first issue will be published in Fall 2016 and will include essays and book reviews. Additionally, there will be a dossier on the topic of “Silence” with a selection of the presentations of the last “Cultural Carolina” conference, celebrated in November 2015 in Columbia, SC.
The deadline for submissions: Extended: September 15th.
Before submission, please consider the following REQUIREMENTS:
The nature of the journal
- Graduate student status at moment of submission is required.
- All majors all welcome; however, the content of the publication must be related to the field of languages, literatures and cultural studies.
- Two documents are required.
- The main document must be anonymous to be considered for peer review.
- A second document is required with: name, affiliation, title, 250 word abstract, keywords, and a short bio.
- Length: 15-20 pages for articles. 750-1000 words for book reviews.
- Book Reviews: Books published after 2012.
- Language: only papers written in English will be considered.
- Style: Times New Roman, font size 12, double spaced.
- Citations: MLA format (latest edition).
- Notes: At the end of the document, before the works cited section.
- Copyright: the content must be original and have not been published in any other medium (journals, books, blogs, etc.). Authors should respect academic standards. The journal is not responsible for the author's point of view.
- Contract: If accepted, the student will sign a publication contract.
Send both WORD files as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Julia Luján, President of LLCGSA, email@example.com.