The English department is committed to excellent student advising, and every faculty member serves as an advisor. When you declare an English major, you will be assigned an advisor, who will assist you in planning courses for each semester in the context of long-term plans and graduation requirements.
While your advisor is an important resource for you as you plan your academic career, it is also important that you familiarize yourself with key policies, procedures, and requirements, so that your course registration process can go as smoothly as possible.
The Undergraduate Office will notify all majors about their advisors and the time for fall and spring advising prior to registration. While meeting requirements is ultimately the student's responsibility, the department's Undergraduate Program Office (Room 114, Welsh Humanities Office Building, (803) 777-2138) and the faculty advisors are a valuable resource for the student. The English major's academic folder is kept in the undergraduate office and may be reviewed by the student at any time.
• Master Schedule of Classes
• Academic Calendar
• College of Arts and Sciences homepage. Provides extensive information on general academic requirements and resources. The following links are particularly helpful pages on the Arts and Sciences website.
• Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Major Check Sheets
• Minors Bulletin. Answers questions about specific departmental minor guidelines.
• Transfer Credit Guide. Information about the transfer of college credit from SC. technical colleges.