The following list includes the forms and the general order in which they should be completed during pursuit of Doctoral degree in Geography at the University of South Carolina.. Important comments are under each form name.
Doctoral Progress to Degree: http://gradschool.sc.edu/students/progress-doc.asp
Graduate School Forms Library: http://gradschool.sc.edu/forms/
Ο Registrar’s Semester Advisement Form
Be careful to follow the POS., observe 700-level credit issues and tuition allotment, confer with advisor before deviating from advisement when registering for courses.
Ο Program of Study (DPOS)
1. Fill out the MS Word program of study Worksheet
2. Bring to the Graduate Director or Graduate Coordinator for verification.
3. Transfer the verified list of courses from the worksheet to the Graduate School Program of Study form (i.e. DPOS form). On the second page of the program of study include a list of at least 30-credit hours of coursework used for your previous MA/MS degree.
Ο Doctoral Committee Appointment Request (G-DCA / GS48)
* Comprehensive Examination (Verification form)
At least 4 members, 3 of which are Geography; one and only one outside of Department.
* Dissertation Proposal Defense (departmental form)
Ο Application for Graduation (AS-126)
Ο Dissertation Defense Announcement (GDDA)
On-line form. Include abstract and date/time/location of defense.
Ο Dissertation Defense (departmental form)
This form is used to indicate that the oral defense was successful.
Ο Dissertation Signature (G-DSF)
This form is the Graduate School form for the defense of the dissertation acceptance of the document. If a citation style other the Chicago Manual of Style was used, email the Graduate Director a note indicating the Major Advisor states the particular style used and states “this alternate style of citation selected was correctly used in the dissertation.”
Formatting Guidelines: http://gradschool.sc.edu/students/docs/ETD_Formatting_Guide.pdf
Ο Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED)
Submission Portal: http://dissertations.umi.com/sc