B.A. With Distinction
About B.A. With Distinction
The Bachelor of Arts with Distinction for History majors requires a rigorous course of study above and beyond that required of a traditional History student.
B.A. with Distinction Requirements:
- Have & maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Have & maintain 3.6 Major GPA.
- Complete an additional 9 hours of History courses at the 200-level or higher (maximum of two 200-level courses may count toward the History major).
- Notify the professor of your senior seminar or senior thesis in writing of your intention to pursue a degree “with distinction” and complete to the professor’s satisfaction the additional research necessary for work “with distinction”.
- Publicly present your research project at Discovery Day.
You will need to declare your intention to pursue a degree with distinction before the beginning of your senior year, that is, before you have begun your last 30 undergraduate hours.
- To Apply for B.A. with Distinction, click HERE.
- Print, and sign a B.A. with Distinction contract. B.A. with Distinction Student Contract
- Print and sign senior seminar or senior thesis contract*. B.A. with Distinction Senior Contract
*The senior seminar or senior thesis B.A. with Distinction contract should be signed by the student and thesis advisor/seminar instructor.
NOTE: All contracts must be submitted to the History Undergraduate Coordinator in Gambrell Hall Rm# 245.
Bachelor of Arts with Distinction Contract.pdf Bachelor of Arts with Distinction Senior Contract.pdf