Mr. Burns, a post-electric play
Location: Longstreet Theatre, 1300 Greene Street
Written by: Anne Washburn
Directed by: Jeremy Skidmore
Tickets: Students: $12 | University Faculty/Staff, Military, Seniors (60+): $16 | General Public: $18
- Friday, February 17, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 22, 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 23, 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 24, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25, 3:00 p.m.
As we enter the world of Anne Washburn’s ingenious dark comedy, a group of survivors of a near-future global apocalypse has gathered around a campfire to piece together an episode of the television show The Simpsons from memory. As time passes, their fireside recollections evolve beyond mere touchstones of the past they remember to become the grand mythology of a new civilization. “Downright brilliant…makes a case for theatre as the most glorious and durable storyteller of all.” – The New York Times
Sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences