Thank you are considering applying to our graduate program. We are excited about how our program has progressed over the past several years, and look forward each year to greeting a new class of first-year graduate students.
Whether you are applying to the Masters program or the PhD program, you will need to collect the following items in order to complete your application:
- Names and contact information for at least three people familiar with your work, who are qualified to comment on its quality, and who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you. (They will be asked by the Graduate School to submit their letters electronically directly to USC.)
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary institution where you have done academic work.
- GRE scores. (The Graduate School requires applicants to submit official test scores directly from the testing service. However, while all students are required to provide official test score reports, we strongly encourage applicants to upload unofficial test score reports to the online application.)
- An applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or the IELTS Intl. Academic Course Type 2 exam. (Details about the requirements for international applicants are available on the Graduate School web site -- the link appears below.)
- A statement of purpose discussing your reasons for applying to our program and what you hope to get out of the program.
- One or two samples of written work.
For detailed information, please consult the Graduate School's page about applying, available here: http://app.gradschool.sc.edu/steps.asp
For full consideration for funding, applications should be received by January 15.
When you have those materials, you are ready to apply. Details can be found at the link below.