Welcome to the Philosophy Undergraduate Studies page!
In contrast to wide-spread opinion, studying Philosophy is not a dangerous dead-end for all academic or professional pursuits - Philosophy majors do well on important tests, are sought-after in academic programs like law or medicine, and stand a good chance to see an above-average increase in their salaries over the course of their respective careers (http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-Degrees_that_Pay_you_Back-sort.html ).
In our courses, we question some basic assumptions about our world and ourselves. But no worries - you won't be lost in all these issues! We focus on teaching you how to carefully examine a complex problem, analyze its internal logic, question its basic assumptions and concepts, and approach solutions from unexpected vantage points.
In reply to the popular question, "Can you afford the luxury to study philosophy?" we reply: "Can you afford not to?"
- What to study in Fall 2017
- Undergraduate Handbook
- Undergraduate Studies Bulletin
- Get Help in Logic
- Introducing Philosophy Minor Tracks (link active by August 2017)
- Double Majoring
- the Medical Humanities Minor
- Graduation with Leadership Distinction – list of approved courses
- Awards and the SCSP Essay Prize
- Undergraduate Philosophy Club
- Philosophy Honor Society
We are also on facebook. Like our page to stay updated on current events!