Facilities at SCIAA
SCIAA occupies a total of 28,450 square feet, primarily at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. Additional facilities are located in Aiken, SC, and at Fort Johnson, SC, and at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC.
- Headquarters (1321 Pendleton St, Columbia). 14,400 square feet dedicated to office space, laboratories, data storage, special collections, and educational exhibits.
- State Curation Facility (700 College St, Columbia). 4,750 square feet housing the South Carolina archaeological collections.
- Workshop/Equipment Storage (vicinity of College and Maxwell Sts, Columbia). 3,000 square feet for the storage of field equipment and supplies.
- Boat Storage (vicinity of College and Maxwell Sts, Columbia). 300 square feet for boat storage
- Charleston Office of the Maritime Research Division at Fort Johnson, SC. 720 square feet for offices and laboratory, supplemented by small tanks for temporary storage of archaeological materials.
- SRARP Facility (Savannah River Site in Aiken, SC, managed for the Department of Energy). 4,200 square feet dedicated to office space and laboratories.
- Joint Lab/Coastal Carolina University (Waccamaw Regional Studies Center). 500 square feet.