A Piece of My Heart
by Shirley Lauro
Sense and Sensibility
by Kate Hamill, based on the novel by Jane Austen
will be held
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 19
11am - 3pm
Booker T. Washington Building
1400 Wheat St. (across from Blatt P.E. Center)
With callbacks on the same day:
5pm - 8pm
TO SIGN UP FOR AUDITIONS
1. Download the Actor Audition Form linked below, save as a pdf, then email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for audition form submissions:
Thursday, November 16th, 2017 at 5PM
2. Sign up for your Audition time slot on SignUpGenius.com at the following link:
- 1-minute classical monologue
- 1-minute contemporary monologue
- Please arrive at least 25 minutes early to your audition
- Following your audition, please return by 4:30 to check the posted callbacks and prepare your sides.
General Information About Auditions at Theatre South Carolina
Any student may audition, regardless of major, and every interested student is encouraged to audition. In addition to roles for students, there are occasional opportunities for non-students to audition.
TSC tries to audition all shows for a semester at one time. The directors for each show together with the Artistic Director and the acting faculty decide on casting. Occasionally some parts will be cast before auditions; this is always true in the case of guest actors.
TSC embraces non-traditional casting. The use of ethnic minority actors, female actors, and physically-challenged actors is encouraged where these elements are not essential to the story of the play.
Auditions are usually held in the acting studios on the first floor of Booker T. Washington Auditorium, entered from Wheat Street between Pickens and Bull Streets.