BA in Theatre | Sample of Courses
Following is a sampling of courses theatre majors may take to fulfill degree requirements.
- Introduction to Theatre Studies
- Beginning Acting
- Introductory Theatre Design
- History of the Theatre I and II
- Play Direction
- Theatre Production Laboratory I-IV
Some additional unique and interesting courses offered by the major include:
- Movement for the Actor
- Film and Television Acting
- Make-up Design for Theatre and Film
- Creative Drama
- Stage Lighting Design
The Theatre major at USC offers 12 hours of theatre electives that allows you to design your own program of study. On average, there is a 5 to 1 student-faculty ratio in major-specific courses. A detailed list of degree requirements can be found in the Undergraduate Bulletin.