Green and Sumter Streets
Main Office, Room 402
Columbia, SC 29208
email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Drayton Hall Theatre
Located on College Street between Sumter and Greene Streets, this
404 seat proscenium theatre was renovated in 1989. The theatre has
a 60' grid, 25 line counterweight system, ETC Computer Lighting System,
and a Yamaha and JBL Sound System.
I. House Information
Type of Theatre- Proscenium
Box Office located in Lobby on the house left side and has a wall
mounted intercom tied to the backstage communication system.
Seating Capacity 404 seats on stepped floor.
Select here for Seating
Chart of Drayton Hall.
II. Dressing Rooms
There are two dressing rooms located under the stage floor. Access is by stairwells
located stage right and stage left. Both dressing rooms have mirrors, make-up lights
showers, sinks, lavatory, and costume racks.
Men's dressing room capacity: 10
Women's dressing room capacity: 12
|An audience in Drayton Hall during a recent rental: a debate among the
Democratic candidates for President.
III. Stage Specifications
A. Stage Dimensions
- Proscenium arch: 36'-6" wide by 17'-9" tall
- Wing space: 13'-0" stage right and 17'-0" stage left
- Stage Depth: apron to plaster line 14'-0"
plaster line to back wall 35'-0"
- Grid Height: 53'
- Length of Pipe: 52'
- Surface is masonite painted with flat black latex.
- There are two traps in the stage floor located 16'-9" from apron on the CL
measuring 16'-6" wide x 12'-8" deep
C. General Stage Information
- Crossover is located under stage
- The loading dock measures 10'-10" x 23'-11" and is located stage right the
loading dock door measures 8'-9"x12'-0"
- Ladders stock are 12'-0" A-frame and a cherry picker
- There is a removable orchestra pit
- The fly system consists of 24 counterweight lines and 2 hemp sets. Operation
is from a pin rail Stage right 26'-9" from the deck. There is also
a pin rail stage left.
The house is crewed by both staff and students
A. Main Rag
The main rag is rust colored operated manually from stage right
There are 4 sets of legs. Each leg measures 8' x 24' made of black velour.
There are 3 full-stage borders measuring 8' x 50' each. There are also 4 spot
borders measuring 10' x 20'. All borders are black velour
- There is one full-stage Traveler made of black velour. The traveler is operated
manually from stage right.
- There are 2 black scrims measuring 25' x 42' and 18' x 30'.
- There is a drape for backing the orchestra in the pit measuring
8' x 40'
A. Control board
ETC Impression board with 400 cues per show capacity, 150 control channels, and
24 sub masters. There is proportional soft patch of up to 512 dimmers. The display
is a Samtron multi-sync color monitor. Output is DMX 512. Playback on two auto fader pairs. The location of the board is in the control booth at the back of
the house. The booth can be accessed from back stage or front of house.
110 working dimmers mounted in a L86 installation rack. The dimmer vault is located
in the house right box boom.
There are 150 circuits- 88 on stage, 67 FOH, 4 in the orchestra pit, and 1 on the
grid. see circuit diagram
D. Lighting Positions
There is one fixed electric operated by winch other electrics can be spotted on
any batten utilizing drop boxes. There are 4 drop boxes with 8 circuits per box.
There are 3 FOH positions and 2 box boom positions on house right and house left.
see lighting positions
E. Lighting Instrument Inventory
16-Strand 6x9 (1K-FEL)
5-Strand 6x16 (1K-FEL)
5-Strand 4.5x6 (1K-FEL)
40-Altman 6x9 (750w-EHG)
14-Altman 6x12 (750w-EHG)
14-Altman 6x16 (750w-EHG)
10-Berkey Zoom (1K-FEL)
12-Strand 6 Fresnel (750w-BTN)
4-Strand 8 Fresnel (1K-BVT)
20-Altman 8 Fresnel (1K-BVT)
12-Par 64 Medium Flood (1k-MFL)
6-Scoop 14" (1K)
9-Industrial work light (500w)
8-6 ft 4 Color Strip Light (300w R40FL / each lamp X 4 circuits -4 lamps per
4- Far Cyc 4 Cell (1K-FFT)
A. Sound console
Yamaha mixer model M916 with 16 channels in 2 program outs and 2 fold back out.
- 3 JBL model 6320 with left and right out each channel has a capacity of 75
watts at 8 ohms or 150 watts at 4 ohms.
- 2 JBL monitor amplifiers with 70 volt output. One for lobby speakers and one
- 2 Otari model MX-50 50 reel to reel decks
- Tascam model 122 MK II cassette deck
- House- 2 JBL Model 4691 B
- Monitor- 2 Shure Model VA 301-S
- Booth Monitor- 2 JBL Studio Monitors model 4406
- 2 Yamaha model SPX 900 effect processors
- Patch panel
F. Jack locations
House left upper mezzanine #6,7,8,9
House right upper mezzanine #1,2,3,4
Stage left plaster line #5,6,7,8
Stage right plaster line #1,2,3,4
stage left plaster line #1,2
center stage box #3,4
Stage right plaster line #5,6
- Power supply
Telex model PS-24 two line located in control booth
- Head sets
2 single muff and 4 double muff
- Belt packs
- Telex 1c-2sp audiocom speaker station locations
men's dressing room
women's dressing room
- intercom wall jack locations
control booth (2)
house right upper mezzanine
house left upper and lower mezzanine
stage right plaster line and pin rail
stage left plaster line and pin rail
orchestra pit and trap room
- Mic location
- Speaker with variable volume control location
men's dressing room
women's dressing room
Batten # - Distance to Plaster Line - Assignment
- 1'-4" Main Rag
- 2'-0" Border #1
- 2'-6" Leg Set #1
- 4'-0" 1st Electric
- 7'-6" Leg Set #2
- 9'-6" Border #2
- 10'-6" Leg Set #3
- 12'-6" 2nd Electric
- 14'-6" (Alternate Traveler Position)
- 16'-0" Border #3
- 17'-6" Leg Set #4
- 19'-0" 3rd Electric
- 23'-0" Border #4
- 23'-6" 4th E
- 25'-0" Scrim 1
- 28'-6" 5th Electric
- 30'-0" Scrim 2 Storage
- 32'-6" Cyc
Hemp 1 Currently at 20'-0"
Hemp 2 Currently at 21'-6"