Helen Hayes Undergraduate Theatre Scholarship Recruitment Award
This Scholarship is to recruit outstanding Undergraduate Theatre Majors. The Scholarship is awarded to Incoming Freshman and/or Transfer Theatre students who have demonstrated outstanding scholarship, leadership and contributions in Theatre Arts. It is a continuing annual award of $250.00 a semester (not to exceed 8 semesters). Additionally, out-of-state students receiving a Departmental Scholarship qualify for an approximately 45% savings in tuition costs.
• Incoming Freshmen and New Transfer Theatre Majors
• GPA of 3.5 or higher
The requirements for maintaining scholarship eligibility include:
• Full-time enrollment (12 hours or more) as a Theatre major during the regular academic year (Fall and Spring semesters).
• A 3.0 GPA
• Active participation in the Theatre Department production program.
• A statement of purpose
• Current GPA
• Current resume – listing extracurricular involvement in Fine or Performing Arts in High School, community, and/or professional venues, other contributions, accomplishments, and community service, etc.
• Two letters of recommendation
CALL FOR 2017-2018 RECRUITMENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Application Due: April 15, 2017
Theatre Scholarship Committee – Recruitment Scholarship
c/o David Britt
1300 Greene St.
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
Awards will be announced at the end of the spring semester.