FACULTY & INSTRUCTORS
The Writing Center is available for all USC personnel and welcomes the opportunity to work with the University community. Whether you are currently teaching or would like to teach a course that incorporates writing, or you are working on your own writing project, the Writing Center is ready to serve you.
Writing Center consultants regularly make presentations in classrooms in order to inform students about our services. If you would like to request a classroom presentation, please contact our office at 803-777-2078.
Faculty, instructors, and teaching assistants may find the following Writing Center services helpful:
- making informational presentations to your classes about Writing Center services
- conducting workshops for your classes on peer review, revision, or documenting sources
- developing effective writing assignments and essay examinations
- finding effective and efficient methods of evalutating student writing
- answering general reference questions regarding punctuation, grammar, and usage
- revising articles and presentations