SCGA Resource Center
As part of our mission to bring the concepts and methodology of modern geography to South Carolina's K-12 classrooms, the SCGA maintains a Resource Center of materials available for checkout by teachers in the state. The Resource Center, located in our office, contains maps, atlases, videos, CD-ROMs, and filmstrips. A complete listing of our holdings is found below. Teachers are welcome to stop by and browse our collection. It is a good idea to call ahead to make sure someone will be in the office. Our number locally is 803-777-4973, or toll-free at 1-888-895-2023.
Resource Center Guidelines
- Submit your request as far in advance as possible.
- Resources must be returned to the SCGA no later than two weeks after check-out.
- Handle and pack all materials with care.
- SCGA pays the mailing cost to you, but you must pay the return mailing cost.
- Remember to check the copyright laws covering any materials that are checked out.
- If there is time, share the resources with teachers in your school. Make all of your fellow teachers aware of this service and why they should make use of it.
- Feedback is crucial in our efforts at improving and increasing the holdings of our Resource Center. When you return materials, feel free to send with them a brief letter of acknowledgement that includes the titles of the resources you used and any comments or suggestions you might have.
Resource Center Inventory
- Children's Literature
- Classroom and Instructional Reference Books
- Goethe Materials on Teaching Germany
- Instructional Programs, Games and Workbooks
- Instructional Technology
- National Geographic Materials
- Professional Journals
- DVDs and Video Tapes